CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
Revision date: 11/29/16
Use multidisciplinary engineering knowledge to design, develop, and implement new products and processes in support of company’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply broad engineering knowledge to the design & development of new products and processes as well as develop and manage product commercialization programs.
- Manage and conduct research programs; applying knowledge of materials behavior, testing experience and engineering product design. Work with customers to understand their needs and requirements in order to implement new and existing products, materials or equipment.
- Solve multidisciplinary engineering problems at the component through system level.
- Conduct testing utilizing existing test protocols or develop new ones as needed. Complete projects in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Prepare technical reports on product and process testing by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, & processes.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to developments related to company product manufacturing.
- Oversee outside vendors & consultants as required.
- Maintain Quality System, including pre-production quality assurance procedures in coordination with the Document Control, & Quality Assurance functions.
- Provide multidisciplinary engineering support in the resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
- Work with other members in Engineering, R&D, Sales & Marketing & Quality Assurance to coordinate pilot production of new products, including equipment implementation & process validations.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The Junior Manufacturing Engineer will participate to drive improvements in all related manufacturing processes, including those related to products, equipment, human interface and product quality.
- Develops positive team dynamics to ensure high performance
- Ensures new parts and optimization projects are completed by the required deadline, at reasonable cost, and with a robust process
- Integrates work with Production, Quality, Purchasing, and Scheduling Departments to ensure a smooth flow of quality products through the factory
- Understands all customer requirements
- Designs work holding for machining and assembly as needed
- Determines and/or designs gauging
- Creates documentation to allow machine operators to set up and maintain production of high quality parts.
- Coordinate the design of any production, handling aids as needed.
- Support the optimization of the manufacturing process.
- Keeps up to date on latest machining techniques to continually optimize and drive cost out of our products.
- Participates in planning of factory floor layouts to optimize material flow, create manufacturing cells, and reduce cost of manufacturing.
- Assists in and/or initiates capital expenditure requests and justifications.
- Reviews and enforces procedures from ISO 9001 and other certified quality control systems.This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- Preferred a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or similar engineering field.
- Requires 10+ years practical engineering experience in composite materials or composite structures.
- Excellent technical writing skills for development of reports, specifications, and customer communications.
- Demonstrate familiarity with testing, data analysis, and critical thinking to resolve engineering problems
- Familiarity with OSHA and ISO 9000 practices and controls.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Using logic and reasoning to offer solutions to problems.
- Proficiency with computer software programs: Microsoft products a must, SolidWorks, and MasterCam is preferred.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
- Experience with World Class Manufacturing processes and methods, Lean, Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, TPM and other advanced manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts.
- Build quality into work. Ensure processes are consistent with quality objectives. Be aware of current quality levels versus target levels.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Drive improvements in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity.
- Work is performed within established professional standards and practices.