CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Regional Service Manager
Reports to: Director, Field and technical Services
Department: Field Services
Revision date: 1/4/17
Manage all aspects of field service in assigned geographic region in accordance with company and department policy, programs, and guidance. Develop and advance the ACCC® installation skillset base in assigned region.
Work with CTC Business Development, Agents, Manufacturing Partners, customers, and industry to maintain and promote the ACCC® brand.
Represent customer’s ACCC installation interests in the development and improvement of company and department policy and programs.
Travel extensively and for extended periods of time to support the installation of ACCC, train and communicate knowledge of ACCC installation techniques equipment and best practices, contribute to the development of best practices body of knowledge. Advise or supervise ACCC installation operations. Bring experience to bear and perform and execute field services as defined. Field Failure Analysis and Problem Solving.
Manage direct reports as assigned according to company policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel throughout the world for extended periods of time with minimal advance notice and make flight and hotel
- Expert knowledge of electrical transmission construction, conductor installation and safety, especially tensioned stringing per IEEE-524 and IEEE-516.
- Expert knowledge of ACCC installation tools, equipment, and methods, and their application in the field.
- Answer technical questions relating to installation of ACCC and recommend solutions for installation challenges that ensure the successful installation of ACCC. Interface with other expertise within CTC to provide best answers and recommendations.
- Actively assist with the maintenance and advancement of the ACCC® installation body of knowledge: Installation Guidelines, various Training programs, and Services.
- Participate actively in Company conference calls relating to Company operations.
- Maintain 24 x 7 contact availability (excepting scheduled vacation) with Manager via email, Skype, phone and text.
- Travel throughout the region for extended periods of time and make flight and hotel arrangements in according to company policies and procedures.
- Must have or must be able to obtain a valid passport. The nature of the position requires that the employee spend much longer hours in the field than in a normal work place and often work or travel during weekends and/or holidays. The individual has to be able to accept this difference where no additional monies will be paid. The Company will try to limit deployments to three weeks or less, whenever possible.
- 15 years of power lineman experience with 5 years of management experience, which could include Foreman, General Foreman, Line Superintendent, or higher.
- Accredited Journeyman Lineman apprentice training program.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner to individuals or large groups.
- Ability to read Plans and Profiles, and line design information including drawings, schematics, tower locations, ruling spans, and sag charts.
- Fluent in one or more of the assigned region languages.