CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Director of Quality Assurance
Revision date: 12/12/16
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for the overall Quality of CTC Core production. The QE works with manufacturing, engineering and other departments to continuously improve performance through problem solving, implementing process controls, promoting risk mitigation, and developing quality assurance plans. The QE uses data to improve performance of key processes and identify continual improvement opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive Quality initiatives at all key processes and improving Quality performance through Effective Problem Solving using CTC Quality tools and concepts.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with department managers and key employees to drive success throughout CTC.
- Development / Improvement KPI measurement systems.
- Ownership of Quality scorecards including key metrics such as, KPI’s, PPM defect rate and Corrective & Preventative Actions.
- Lead process and systems audits to validate CTC is in compliance with our ISO9001 system, and develop improvement plans where deficiencies are noted.
- Provide Quality Engineering support during new product introduction.
- Provide technical expertise to Customers / Suppliers in solving quality or technical problems.
- BS degree in Engineering or similar technical degree a plus.
- 3 years’ experience working in a Manufacturing, Quality environment.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Experience as an auditor working with ISO 9001 standards Process Audits.
- Experience with 8D (RCCA) 5 Why’s and/or effective problem solving models.
- Experience using Control Plan, PFMEA, PDCA and SIPOC methods.
- Knowledge of protrusion processes a plus.
- Experience working with plastic, composites and fiberglass in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using a variety of test equipment including, but not limited to, tensile, share, bending and measuring equipment.