CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Maintenance / Fabrication Technician 1
Reports to: Engineering and Manufacturing Manager
Department: Engineering and Maintenance
Revision date: 12/09/16
Fully analyze required blueprints, drawings, work orders, maintenance procedures, OEM instructions and sketches to facilitate the fabrication, assembly / maintenance of machinery and installation of desired parts. Able to detect errors and correct them through proper channels. Fabricate tooling, fixtures, machinery and repairs using welding, mechanical assembly and repair techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate tools, tooling, fixtures, equipment and machines using the welding (MIG, TIG & Gas) and mechanical assembly techniques
- Perform preventive maintenance service of production equipment during scheduled machine services.
- Conduct machine set-up, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot and install PLC control components.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production runs in a three work shift 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in mechanic skills on production equipment to consist of, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic troubleshooting and repair.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and scheduled service.
- Ability to assemble new production machines, as required.
- Ability to work with little supervision in a timely manner with excellent quality.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Recommend and maintain stock of spare parts for production machines and associated fixtures / tooling.
- Check all structure components prior to installation to prevent damage.
- Accurately estimate hours and any necessary parts/materials for scheduled projects.
- Work effectively with Engineering and Manufacturing in recommending design enhancements.
- Perform tasks according to engineering specifications and safety regulations utilizing recognized and standardized methods and techniques.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in MIG, TIG and Gas welding in either a fabrication, manufacturing or repair environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating fabrication machinery including drill press, grinders, bending frame, cutting saws and others.
- Working knowledge of PLC and automation control equipment and components.
- Complete knowledge and use of mechanical equipment, powered and hand tools.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, equipment manuals, and work orders for various types of production machinery to determine type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation and repair.
- High School Diploma and trade/vocational degree or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of AC/DC of industrial electrical circuits (NFPA 79) and hydraulics with familiarity with pneumatics is desired.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer programming skills and machine (ladder) logic.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work independently, and interact well with others.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, planning, and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency to include MS Office Suite.
- Required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus while inspecting machinery.
- Ability to work any of the 3 shifts in a 24/7 operation
- Having a set of appropriate equipment maintenance tools and toolbox is a plus