CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Machine Shop Expeditor/Driver
Reports to: CNC Machine Setup Supervisor
Revision date: 12/20/16
Coordinates and keeps accountability of material (including raw material) being issued, processed, transferred, inspected or packaged in house and with outside shops. Insures that all completed parts being returned for inspection are controlled and receive the proper processing. Drop off and picks up parts and materials from outside suppliers using a company truck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Works under general supervision and performs a variety of tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Reports any problem or issue discovered to lead/supervisor in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all movement of hardware & kits to and from suppliers as well as internal Machine shop materials.
- Reports and maintains inventory control of all hardware (in-process & in stock, internal or external) and moves hardware to appropriate location in a timely manner.
- Inspects and packages outside provide material (dead end kits and splice kits).
- Uses engrave equipment, packages material, cleans & deburrs hardware and other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a CNC machine shop or material expeditor in a manufacturing environment.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Follow documented processes using best and safe practices.
- Maintain a high degree of quality and accuracy in the performance of assigned duties.
- Willingness to cross train, share knowledge and skills with others.
- Accurately maintains all required documentation.
- Maintains good housekeeping/maintenance of work area and machinery.
- Identify/initiate product and process improvements.
- Always follow CTC Safety and Employee handbooks.
- Perform in a team environment, be goal-oriented.
- Basic math skills.
- Have a valid California Driver’s License, with no accidents, DUIs or tickets on record within the past 3 years.