CTC Global Career Opportunity
Job Title: Director of Business Development, Northeast U.S.
Reports to: VP of Business Development North America
Location: Northeast U.S.
Department: Business Development North America
Revision date: 1/16/17
CTC Global is a growing and dynamic technology company that provides innovative, industry-leading products and services to the electric utility markets and the emerging overhead transmission markets of Independent transmission operators and renewable energy developers. The company’s product portfolio is based on proprietary carbon and glass composite conductor core used in high value ACCC® electrical transmission conductors sold in the overhead transmission markets. CTC’s service portfolio includes marketing support, applications engineering, sales training, and field installation support services.
CTC Global is proud to offer exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical transmission infrastructure with reduced capital cost, higher efficiency and reduced environmental impact. CTC has manufacturing operations in the U.S., Indonesia and China, sales offices in seven countries and manufacturing and distribution partners around the world. The company is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
CTC is seeking a high impact Director of Business Development for the Northeastern United States. The Regional BD Director, as a key member of the ACCC® Business Development team, will be responsible for product marketing and sales of high value ACCC conductor products to assigned utility accounts and/or targeted market segments within the electrical transmission industry. This activity will include direct management of specific utility accounts and customers. Additionally, the Regional BD Director must coordinate the activities of internal support functions (application engineers, sales service representatives, and product line managers). The Business Development Director will report directly to the VP of Business Development, N.A.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Substantially grow the sales of ACCC® Conductor directly to U.S. utilities, utilizing established North American distribution channels.
- Champion the benefits of ACCC products directly to transmission utilities, owners engineers and other channels that influence conductor buying decisions.
- Develop and execute strategies to deliver revenue growth with extensive direct customer interaction.
- Prepare new high value program opportunity proposals targeted at specifically defined transmission projects. Manage, present and close on the opportunities.
- Ensure that customer needs for new products and services are identified and supported in the territory.
- Working closely with CTC Applications Engineering, develop specific project based proposals. Interact with the customers to present and close on the value based analysis of CTC’s conductor products.
- Manage and maintain a safe working environment in the home office and while traveling, by following CTC Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
This is a partial list of duties and responsibilities. As a key member of the company business development team, the position will include extensive participation in development and execution of plans and strategies to grow the ACCC® business in the territory.
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s preferred
- Technical Degree with commercial/applications experience a plus.
- Minimum of ten years’ of applicable industry experience, specifically including sales of high value capital goods products to the utility industry in the United States.
- 50% to 75% travel required.
- Excellent presentation skills.