We’re looking for winners
If you're interested in working with a profitable, growth oriented, entrepreneurial company that is busy redefining its field, look to CTC Global.
We’re dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality products by employing, developing, empowering and retaining the most energetic and talented employees. We value our employees highly and understand that the company's success is the sum of the success of every individual in the organization.
CTC Global is an equal opportunity employer, provides a drug-free workplace, free of discrimination and harassment, and offers a comprehensive benefits package to its full-time employees. For information on a challenging and rewarding position at CTC Global, please contact our HR department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical position that provides sales support for the successful implementation of CTC products and services on customers’ power line systems. The position requires a scope of technical experiences and organizational skills focused on the technical requirements of power transmission and distribution lines, along with providing ACCC conductor solutions to customers’ power line application problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop tailored/optimal electrical line design solutions based on ACCC® Conductor using proprietary and standard electrical industry tools and programs.
- Lead the technical engagement with customers, principally utility end-users and design engineers in an assigned territory.
- Be a key resource to enable deployment of ACCC® technology through contributions for engineering manuals, technical whitepapers, and technical marketing publications by effectively training the industry and disseminating best ways of leveraging ACCC® technologies.
- Support and adhere to CTC Cable Safety policies.
- Provide periodic reports to management summarizing progress to plan for each engagement.
- Support electric utility customers by assisting in the selection, optimization, and analysis of high voltage power lines.
- Contribute to sales effectiveness by identifying issues, providing information, and recommending options.
- Demonstrated ability to assess project requirements for new line installations or reconductor upgrades.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Become an in-house “expert” in understanding customers’ conductor specifications and power line system requirements.
- Provide high quality engineering and technical support for Sales, Manufacturing, and Distribution; work with end users to understand requirements, resolve problems, optimize capabilities, and provide a quantifiable ROI for each recommendation.
- Demonstrate accountability for activities related to development, integration, implementation, maintenance, and enhancements of supported business applications in compliance with established corporate policies, procedures, and methods.
- Quickly and accurately analyze existing or proposed high voltage power lines and optimize solution to customer’s problems including analysis of electrical, mechanical, energy efficiency, and financial data. Acquire data as necessary by working with engineering, sales, and utility staff.
- Communicate findings with customer base through conversation, written reports, and oral presentations. Work with Business Development teams to help develop sales and support strategies; develop support programs to provide services that cover clients’ needs after system installation and commissioning.
- Engage and create relationships with customers’ engineering and analysis personnel, and report back to Sales personnel on conditions, issues and opportunities within the customer’s organization.
Travel to customers as necessary to present application solutions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in electrical engineering. Mechanical and Civil engineering degrees will be considered
- Minimum of five years' experience working for an electrical utility company on transmission and/or distribution projects coupled with experience in a technical support position and working with project life-cycle methodologies.
- Multi-lingual applicants with English and one or more of Mandarin/Chinese, Spanish, or Portuguese are preferred.
- Excellent technical analytical skills are essential. Self-motivated individual who initiates self-learning.
- Proven ability to multi-task, works independently, and interacts well with others. Demonstrated problem analysis and decision making skills. Demonstrated attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency to include project management applications and MS Office Suite.
- Familiar with PLS-CADD, T-Line Pro and SAG 10 or equivalent design tools and all applicable conductor standards.
- A solid understanding of high voltage electrical power systems is required.
- Experience in transmission and / or distribution line design is preferred.
- Demonstrated vendor management and customer interaction skills; must be able to respond rapidly to technical inquiries.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to work cohesively with, and influence, many diverse internal/external customer groups to include project personnel from linemen to the CEO.
Field Installation Supervisor
Travel extensively and for long periods of time throughout the world to support the installation of ACCC, assist Director of Field Applications with new ACCC design applications, and communicate knowledge of ACCC with others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel throughout the world for extended periods of time with minimal advance notice and make flight and hotel arrangements in concert with Director of Field Applications. Must have or must be able to obtain a valid passport. The nature of the position requires that the supervisors spend much longer hours in the field than in a normal work place. The individual has to be able to accept this difference when no additional monies will be paid. The Company will try to limit projects to three weeks or less, if at all possible.
- Learn and possess the knowledge of ACCC so that he/she can make presentations to a large group of contractor/utility personnel on the installation of ACCC. Must be able to answer technical questions relating to ACCC and any questions relating to the installation of ACCC. At times, questions may be deferred and answered by the Director of Field Applications, who will also assist with presentations made to higher levels of utility management.
- Assist in viewing testing of ACCC conductor and hardware at test sites throughout the world.
- Assist Director of Field Applications with new ACCC design applications by providing feedback to Company Engineering on new product design of hardware associated with the new conductor.
- Visit job sites with contractor/utility personnel to establish correct equipment setups and to ensure that the proper equipment is being used for the ACCC installation.
- Ability to attend pre-bid meetings if called upon by sales.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings prior to the installation of ACCC conductor. At times, it will be the responsibility of the Supervisor to set up the meetings.
- Keeping detailed notes on the project, including pre-construction sign in sheets, contractor performance reviews, equipment checklists, and project reports including contact information for the contractor and the utility. Pictures of the project will be obtained as part of the reports above.
- Make changes in the job setups or equipment. At times, these changes are met with a lot of indignation by the utility or contractor. The Supervisor has to be able to take charge of these issues to ensure correct installation of ACCC.
- Participate actively in Company conference calls relating to Company operations.
- At least 15 years of power lineman experience. Within the 15 years of experience, the individual shall have at least 5 years of management experience, which could include Foreman, General Foreman, Line Superintendent, or higher. Individual must prove that he/she is a self starter.
- Attended an accredited apprentice training program prior to becoming a Journeyman Lineman.
- Minimum of a high school education with additional education such as college, trade school, and/or educational forums will be helpful.
- Individuals shall possess good communications skills and the ability to communicate in a professional manner to individuals or large groups.
- Must have the ability to read Plans and Profiles, and line design information including drawings, schematics, tower locations, ruling spans, and sag charts.
- Able to operate computers and send and receive emails with attachments.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.